Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Back to Marathon Training: Week 4 of 20

Doing a sprint training right before an international business trip means you are committed to running, for sure.

Garmin website is down, so I won't be able to post the results now. I did 15' warm-up, 6 sprints of 1min with 2min recovery and then 10-15' cool down back home. It was extremely windy today in NYC and although I protected my neck, it was really annoying. I learned that running sprints against the wind is horrible! I am sure my timing for the first 3 are much better than the last ones.

Write more from Brazil!




Today, Friday, I ran my tempo run. It's been two days I've been to Brazil and all I did was eat great food in quantity so because of this - and the fact that it's much warmer and the course was much hillier - I suffered a lot to run my 2 miles easy, 2 miles at tempo and another 2 miles easy. I was able to manage to keep my tempo pace on the 2 miles in the middle despite all the hills and I sweat a lot.

I forgot my usb adaptor for the Garmin so I will only update my results when I'm back to NYC on the 29th.

Can't wait for my long run this Sunday!



Well, my Sunday run didn't fully happen. I had the stupid idea of going running at 11am and it was above 85F and sunny. After four miles - I was being able to keep the pace - I made the wise decision to stop because I would surely get an injury or dehydrate. Tomorrow night I will try to run my 9 miles.

No comments:

Popular Posts